Prof. Dr. Wilhelm Kohler, Head of Chair
Mohlstrasse 36, D-72074 Tübingen, Germany
Phone: +49 / (0) 70 71 / 29 76 013
Fax: +49 / (0) 70 71 / 29 52 23
Office hours: Please make an appointment (small description of the subject included)
by e-mail with Prof. Wilhem Kohler directly
Selected recent papers and publications
- "Migration, International Trade and Capital Formation: Cause or Effect?", Institute for the Study of Labor, IZA Discussion Paper No. 6975, 2012 (with Gabriel Felbermayr and Volker Grossmann)
- "Resolving Sovereign Debt Crises: Opening or Closing the Tap?", Paper presented at the 40th Economics Conference of the OESTERREICHISCHE NATIONALBANK (OeNB): “European Monetary Union: Lessons from the Debt Crisis” Vienna, May 10 and 11, 2012, revised conference version.
- "Target2 Balances: Credit or Not, and if so, what for?", unpublished note.
- Book review: "Luca De Benedictis and Luca Salvatici, eds., The Trade Impact of European Union Preferential Policies, Springer-Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg, 2011", in Journal of Economics and Statistics, forthcoming
- Book review: " Feenstra, R.C.: Product Variety and the gains from international trade, MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass., 2010", in Journal of Economics, published online, 18. Janaury 2012
- "The Eurosystem in Times of Crises: Greece in the Role of a Reserve Currency Country?", in CESIfo Forum Special Issue, January 2012
- "Zahlungsbilanzkrisen im Eurosystem: Griechenland in der Rolle des Reservewährungslandes?", in ifo Schnelldienst, 64. Jg., 16/2011
- "Managerial Versus Production Wages: Offshoring, Country Size and Endowments", University of Tuebingen, Working Papers in Economics and Finance No. 13, 2011, (with Sebastian Benz)
Revise and resubmit, Canadian Journal of Economics
- "Offshoring Tasks, yet Creating Jobs", University of Tuebingen, Working Papers in Economics and Finance No. 12, 2011, (with Jens Wrona)
- "Das Spannungsfeld von Protektion, Liberalisierung und Freihandel", FIW Policy Brief Nr. 8, Nov. 2010
- “Sourcing Premia with Incomplete Contracts: Theory and Evidence”, The B.E. Journal of Economics Analysis and Policy, vol.11, Issue 1 (Contributions), January 2011, (with Marcel Smolka)
- “Readdressing the Trade Effect of the Euro: Allowing for Currency Misalignment”, ZEW Discussion Paper No. 10-023, 2010 (with Jan Hogrefe and Benjamin Jung).
- "Immigratiojn and Native Welfare", in International Economic Review, vol. 48(3), 731-760.
- "Global Sourcing Decisions and Firm Productivity: Evidence from Spain", December 2009. CESifo Working Paper No. 2903. Forthcoming in R. M. Stern (ed.), Quantitative Analysis of Newly Evolving Patterns of International Trade: Fragmentation; Offshoring of Activities; and Vertical Intra-Industry Trade. World Scientific Studies in International Economics, (with Marcel Smolka).
- "WTO Membership and the Extensive Margin of World Trade: New Evidence", The World Economy, vol. 33/11 (Nov. 2010), pp. 1430-1469, (with Gabriel Felbermayr).
- "Restrictive Immigration Policy In Germany: Pains and Gains Foregone?", Review of World Economics, vol. 146/1 (April 2010), pp. 1-21 (with Gabriel Felbermayr and Wido Geis).